IPPA Best Business Practices
As a Qualified Member of the IPPA, each Photographer hereby agrees:
- That all pricing will be clearly stated and agreed with customers & clients before the commencement of any Assignment. Any extra charges must be made known to the customer or client before they are incurred. Payment "Terms" must ALWAYS be agreed beforehand and must clearly be stated in writing on both the Quotation and the Invoice.
- The customer or client will have the Assignments carried out at the specified time and by the specified photographer. ANY changes to the Assignment Schedule must be agreed with the client prior to commencement of the Assignment. If for any reason there is a change to the specified photographer, the customer or client must be informed of this in advance.
- That Assignments must be delivered by the agreed deadline. If there is to be a delay for any reason, the customer or client must be informed of this delay as soon as possible.
- In the case of all photographic files digital and film, the photographer undertakes to use an efficient archive and retrieval system for assignments in order to have them available to the customer or client in the future.
- That all debts to suppliers etc. are discharged in a timely fashion.
- To register with the Revenue Commissioners for Income Tax and V.A.T., With the Registrar of Business Names and/or Company Registration Office and discharge all debts to them in a timely fashion
- To keep proper books and records for Tax and VAT purposes, and in the case of companies, discharge all relevant information to the Company Registration Office in a timely fashion. Also-where appropriate- to carry out all duties as an employer according to current legislation, and discharge all relevant documentation to do with your staff in a timely fashion.
- Not to knowingly breach any laws of the land, in particular the Copyright and Related Acts 2000, and in particular by copying another photographers work / prints / disks etc without obtaining their expressed written permission.
- Not To breach client confidentiality, by disclosing any information in connection with the Client or Assignment to a third party during or following the assignment.
- Never to "pass off" another photographers work as your own under any circumstances.
- That a suitable Insurance Policy be taken out in the name of the Photographer and/or Studio which will indemnify against Public and/or Employers Liability and will assist with Professional Indemnity and against any possible Litigation.