IPPA Code of Ethics
As a Qualified Member of the IPPA, each Photographer hereby agrees:
- I will endeavor to provide customers & clients with a standard of excellence of photographic images and customer service that will increase my professional standing and that of the IPPA.
- To always be courteous and professional in my dealings with customers & clients, suppliers, fellow IPPA members, and the general public, in the carrying out of assignments, and in the running of my business.
- If asked for assistance of any kind by a fellow IPPA member, I agree to be as helpful as possible, and undertake to speak about photography with any fellow professional (and or student) photographer.
- In the event of a dispute with a customer or client, I agree to involve myself in the Association's arbitration procedures, and that I will communicate in a professional and timely manner during that arbitration. Furthermore I agree to implement IPPA Council's recommendations following arbitration.
- If asked for an opinion on another photographers work, I will endeavor to keep my remarks as positive as possible, whether the photographer is an IPPA member or not.
- If I make any competition entry or application to the Association to upgrade my Qualification, or, if I request the Association to submit images created by me to any outside body for the purposes of a Qualification upgrade, I agree not to discuss the outcome of the competition/grading with anyone in the first instance except the specified nominee of the Association, or outside body.